Even though Costa Rica is about the size of West Virginia, there are more than enough adventures to take, places to visit
, and fun activities
in Costa Rica. It’s no challenge to find your own secluded beach, spot scarlet macaws or white faced monkeys feasting on almond trees above your head, or catch the perfect wave try after try. Costa Rica’s natural ecosystems will enchant you just as much or more as the most carefully crafted set in Universal Studios or Disney World. It is its own world, awaiting discovery.
Whether you come for business or pleasure, let Nature Air be your guide to travel destinations in Costa Rica. From coast to coast and north and south Nature Air has been flying to the remote corners of Costa Rica for the past 20 years. When flying with us, you will know when the whales are breaching, the fish are biting and the bananas are ripe for the picking. That is what you can expect when flying with the premier airline in Costa Rica.
costa rica facts
The following facts and figures will help you learn a little bit more about the Republic of Costa Rica, it’s distinct landscape and the tight-knit population that reside there.
- Located in Central America bordering Nicaragua and Panama.
- With two coastlines (Pacific and Caribbean) Beaches in Costa Rica are plentiful.
- Over 25% of its land is covered by 27 National parks and and over 60 preserves.
- 5 million people reside in Costa Rica.
- The population is predominantly Catholic.
- Concentrated in urban capital of Costa Rica (1 million+).
- mestizo decent, tan complexion, lighter than neighbors.
- famous Ticos include: Oscar Arias, Franklin Chang, and Hannah Gabriel.
- Democratic republic.
- One president with two vice presidents, one house legislature and judicial branch.
- Current ruling party is the Partido Liberacion Nacional, with the first ever female president laura chinchilla.
- The Colon (approx. 510 colones = $1 USD).